26 January, 2006

I saw her on the street one day....

Should it be blue bangles or green?
No, I won’t distinguish,
Not today,
I will wear all;
All of my jewellery,
I will accoutre myself in my best,
In the best that this life has bestowed.

I will walk the streets today
In a different stride,
Not in my usual submissive mode,
But in a consciously confident saunter,
For reasons not apparent to this world,
I know inquisitive eyes will follow me today unlike yesterday,

I shall choose the same path,
I want familiar faces to see me,
With time to spare;
I will stop and let this world stare,
I’m sure they would today, unlike yesterday;

I leave behind no more than another carefree soul;
I have not much to call my own,
I carry my possessions with me,
To help me where I intend to be,
I have been largely unnoticed until today,
But I will be noticed today, unlike yesterday,

My walk through life has faced uneven roads,
Roads that discouragingly wind uphill;
But today has taken a different turn, unlike yesterday

I feel taller; I ‘m filled with anticipation,
I getting closer to my beginning,
I am euphoric, I feel divine,
As wait for the abyss to engulf me,
I close my eyes to this brightness,
I feel no pain today, unlike yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.